Yealink USB Bluetooth Dongle BT 40
The Bluetooth USB dongle adds Bluetooth connectivity to your IP Phone with a wide variety of Bluetooth Headsets, allowing you to receive calls wherever you are in the office. Compatible with Bluetooth specification V4.0, back compatible with Bluetooth 1.1, 1.2, 2.0 and 3.0 for wide-ranging use.
Supports Yealink SIP-T46G and SIP-T48G
Wide band audio support
Answer/Terminate calls through wireless headset
The Bluetooth USB dongle BT40 adds connectivity to Yealink phones (Bluetooth-enabled) with a wide variety of Bluetooth Headsets, compatible with Bluetooth specification V4.0 and backwards compatible with 1.1, 1.2, 2.0 and 3.0.
Assemble the USB dongle as shown:
Insert the USB dongle with "TOP" facing upwards into the USB port on the back of the phone.
Pairing and Connecting the Bluetooth Headset with a phone:
1. Turn on the Bluetooth Headset.
2. Assemble the USB dongle.
3. Long press the multifunction key on the Bluetooth headset until the indicator LED alternately flashes red and blue. The Bluetooth headset is in pairing mode.
4. Activate the Bluetooth feature on the phone. (Refer to the Phone and Features guide (page 293) to activate the Bluetooth feature).
5. Select Scan on the phone. The phone will start searching for Bluetooth headsets within the working range of up to approx. 32 feet and display all detected Bluetooth headsets.
6. Select the desired one from the list of found Bluetooth headsets on the phone.
7. If needed, enter the PIN 0000 or 1234 to pair and connect the headset with the phone.
When the Bluetooth headset is connected to the phone successfully, the headset beeps and appears in the phone menu where you may then view the currently paired Bluetooth headset.
(Note) The USB dongle provided by Yealink supports hot plug. You may unplug and plug the USB dongle without rebooting the phone to search for Bluetooth headsets within range.
1. With the Bluetooth headset paired and connected, press the multifunction key on the Bluetooth headset to answer an incoming call. If there is already an active call on the phone, the original call is placed on hold after answering the new incoming call.
Adjusting the Earphone Volume:
1. With the Bluetooth headset paired and connected, press the volume key (+) on the Bluetooth headset to increase the volume.
2. With the Bluetooth headset paired and connected, press the volume key (-) on the Bluetooth headset to decrease the volume.
1. With the Bluetooth headset paired and connected, press the multifunction key on the Bluetooth headset to end a call.
Why does the phone not find the Bluetooth Headset?
Ensure the Bluetooth headset is turned on.
Ensure the Bluetooth headset is in pairing mode when the phone is searching for Bluetooth headsets.
Why are there noises in the Bluetooth headset?
Check the battery level. If the battery level is low, charge the Bluetooth headset.
Ensure the Bluetooth headset and phone are within the working range of approx. 32 feet and there is no obvious interference (walls, doors, etc.) between them.