Many Bluetooth headsets can be configured to work with this phone in "Handsfree" mode. The VVX 600 phone supports the use of Bluetooth 2.1+EDR headsets and Handsfree Profile (HFP) 1.0.
When Bluetooth v2.1+ EDR is enabled on the VVX 600 phone, an icon displays in the status bar.
Bluetooth is disabled by default. Users can manage — add, remove, connect, and disconnect — their own Bluetooth headsets.
When a Bluetooth headset is paired and connected with the VVX 600 phone, the icon changes displaying a headset in the status bar. Users can connect up to four headsets to their phones. The VVX 600 phone supports the Hands - Free Profile (HFP) Audio Gateway role. This will provide basic call control, volume control, and audio routing capability to and from the headset and your Bluetooth - enabled VVX 600 phone.
When the phone rings, the headset rings as well. The headset button can be used to answer a call without touching the Polycom VVX 600 phone. The headset button can be used to go back on hook without the need to touch the VVX 600. (note) some headsets support voice commands - see below.
To setup a Bluetooth headset on the Polycom VVX 600
- Press the Home button on the upper right side of the phone
- Tap the Settings icon on screen
- Tap 1 Basic
- Swipe up the screen to display option 12 Bluetooth Settings...
- Tap 12 Bluetooth Settings...
- Tap 1 Bluetooth Radio (Off)
- Tap 2 On (wait while the BT radio turns on)
- Tap the Back button (top left of screen)
- Tap 2 Manage BT Headsets
- Place your Bluetooth headset in pairing mode (refer to the manufactures guidelines)
- Tap Scan (bottom left on phone display)
- Tap Connect (next to Scan button) once your headset has been found to complete the pairing process
- Add, Remove, Connect and Disconnect tap the Bluetooth icon displaying in the status bar
TheBluetooth headset has been extensively tested on the Polycom VVX 600 at Star2Star and is used by our Receptionist, who is able to answer calls using voice commands i.e. "Answer", without the need to touch the phone. Calls are then transferred to users via StarScope 2 drag and drop functionality.
- Smart Call Routing
Intuitively directs calls to your phone or headset, pauses music for incoming calls, and allows you to automatically answer by simply placing the headset on your ear.
- Precision Audio
Multi-microphones optimize your voice and minimize noise caused by wind, movement, and background sounds.
- Caller Announce & Voice Commands
Announces incoming caller's name and lets you say "answer" to accept the call or "ignore" to decline. Just say "answer" to take a call. Tap the voice button to check battery level, connection status, or dial Vocalyst to hear emails, newsfeeds, and more.
The Voyager Legend supports A2DP, which lets you stream podcasts, audiobooks, music, prompts from GPS navigation apps, and other audio through the headset. It also supports multi-point, so you can pair two devices simultaneously and alternate between them.
Click here to view the VVX 600 video tutorial.