There are 2 available options for US Domestic faxing using the Star2Star solution:-
StarFax™ Classic or StarFax™ Personal
Introducing StarFax™ Classic, an innovative way to send and receive faxes over the Star2Star Network. Customers can now connect a fax machine into a specially configured (ATA) Analog Telephone Adapter. This
Support multiple fax machines by either selecting the appropriate Linksys SPA 3102, Cisco SPA8000, SPA8800, SPA232D or MP-20x device (1, 2 or 4 Port ATA) or by using multiple
Star2Star StarFax™ Classic provides the unique ability to deliver “Failover” functionality to a user defined email address or multiple addresses separated by commas. This email address or addresses is defined in the Star2Star Web Portal. With a StarFax™ Classic
• Only one call to DID/device will be allowed at one time. The StarFax™ Classic Server will "lock" a DID if there is an active call to/from that DID or a device associated with it. This lock returns a busy signal to prevent new incoming faxes while the proxy is taking place.
• If the ATA
• If the ATA
• The fax server will blindly accept outbound faxes (from an ATA)
StarFax™ Personal adds reliable, high-quality desktop faxing to any Star2Star system. Users can send and receive faxes to and from their desktop or laptop computers with no physical fax machine or other hardware.
StarFax™ Personal is an add-on feature (called a Starlet) that operates within the same Revolutionary Next Generation Application Framework as StarScope 2.
Each StarFax™ Personal user is assigned a unique, personal fax number for incoming faxes. When a fax is sent to that number, the fax is received by the Star2Star system and stored "in the cloud" at a Star2Star data center.
Incoming faxes are stored as PDF files and can be viewed within the StarFax™ starlet or using a PDF viewer. Incoming faxes pass through an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) program, so all received faxes are fully searchable. (Note) only the first 10 pages will be scanned and indexed for the purpose of OCR searches.
StarFax™ Personal users can send virtually any type of printable file (pdf, png, gif, jpg, tif, tiff, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, rtf, txt) directly from the StarFax™ Personal software. Laptop users can send and receive faxes anywhere there's an Internet connection.
Limitations on files that can be sent - Maximum file size is 20Mb. Maximum file name length is 50 characters.
- New Settings for SMS and email notifications on newly delivered inbound faxes (email notification has the option of attaching the fax PDF)
- New settings options for in-app notification on outbound fax delivery
- New settings options for in-app notification on fax delivery error
- Faxes that were not able to be delivered due to a busy destination number will have a "Line Busy" icon overlay rather than "No Answer"
(Note) StarFax Personal's page limitations are limited to the individual user. We do not pool the total number of pages per account. Each user is responsible for their page consumption and will have extra fees per page if they go over the 100 page limit.