- Calls are recorded locally on the StarBox, however, if the archive service is used, recordings are also stored and retrieved from our "Cloud Storage" as needed.
- Once implemented the archive service starts immediately. Within minutes of a call completing and the recording becoming available it will be "Archived" in the cloud. (Note) this process is a low level background task that can be impacted by a very busy system. In which case the recording is "queued" to be archived when bandwidth is available for the process.
- Recorded calls are played back / downloaded / deleted via the Application Framework "Activity" Starlet.
- When the disc on the StarBox is full, it will rotate and erase from oldest to newest calls. Once overwritten, the recorded calls are no longer available.
- If you have the Call Recording Archive service, calls are stored in both the StarBox and Archive (Cloud). Archive provides unlimited storage backup and never rolls over.
- Should the StarBox fail and a new box is provided, a same day reload of recorded calls can be done when you have Archive Service installed.
- If the Archive Service is not installed and the StarBox fails, retrieval of call recordings may take between 1 and 2 weeks.
- If the storage device on the StarBox fails and the Archive Service is not installed, you will be unable to retrieve recorded calls.
For recorded call capacities click here
For details on recorded call playback click here